A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Morning Green Wake Up Call Shake...


Welcome to my morning green shake, which consists of wonderful life and colorful foods.  Sometimes the recipe varies (will include more recipes of this shake later on) but this is one of my favorite.  This shake is UBER creamy and smooth and it satisfies my need for fats/oils (from the avocado).  It's fresh from the cucumber and sometimes spicy from the sprouts, and if you can believe it, by way of the cacao nibs, I actually get to eat chocolate in the morning!  And not have to hide it ;) Most if not all of the following is organic, and good for the soul.  I drink one large glass of this when I get hungry in the morning (not always when I get up, but most often 1 hour after I get up) and I chew every bite (you digest in the mouth, right?). The remaining shake I put in glass jars and save for the rest of the day, but try to finish it in 24 hours or else it oxidizes too fast.  Blend the following ingredients in the following order (I use a vitamix), and enjoy!


2 cups of fresh water
1-2 collard leaves
2 kale leaves (blend these first three ingredients together first before adding the rest). 

add 1 peeled cucumber  and the meat from 1 avocado (then blend)

add a handful of green sprouts (alfalfa, etc.), 
1 banana, 
and 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut (then blend).





Blend until smooth.  Decorate with unsweetened coconut and raw cacao nibs, crumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment