A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chipotle Quinoa Salad...

I went to my friend Rosanne's house on Friday and she served the most amazing meal of various delectable foods, but one of them struck me the most...a mexican quinoa salad!  Rosanne told me she'd give me the recipe (this one in particular, she said she took from "Food and Wine"), but this morning I woke up with an ache for this salad and I couldn't wait. I have no idea what's in it, except for what I tasted, so here goes... I sort of..."taste-imated" it. :) 



2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa 
(I used leftover quinoa from another recipe with carrots - hence the orange stuff)
1/2 green pepper, minced
1/4 red onion, minced
nice handful of cilantro, minced
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers in adobo), or more, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
a splash of lime juice
avocado (optional), cubed




In a bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients well.  Taste and add more adobo, if you'd like it more spicy.  Top with the avocado, and you have a complete meal!  Enjoy!  And thank you Rosanne for the inspiration. 



No comments:

Post a Comment