A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mango Honey Lime Sherbert...

I tried this at my last raw class and the hardest part of me is remembering the quantities of the ingredients...very often I throw stuff into the vitamix and taste as I go, remembering little of how much I put in.  Most of the time, I surprise myself with the same recipe never tasting the same...I sort of like that, though.  

August is a time for mangos, and when I make this I much prefer cubing my own fresh mango and freezing it. You can certainly use frozen mango chunks if you want, however when they're $1 each, you can't go wrong.  Buy fresh.  


Also, I love raw local honey.  Eat one tablespoon a day starting in the summer, through winter, and then come Springtime you'll thank yourself.  You've built a serious defense system against any little bugger that might make your nose run and your eyes tear.  Forget the over the counter stuff...

You really do need a vitamix blender for this, otherwise you might do a serious number on your blender or food processor.  But in a pinch, it's worth a try, if you feel like your motor and blades can handle it. 

1 mango cubed, frozen
1/2 cup coconut water (preferably fresh) or water
1/8 - 1/4 cup raw local honey, depending on your taste 
(if you use water, use 1/4 sweetener...
if you use coconut water which is sweet, slow down on the sweetener)
shaved or grated lime peel



Place the water, agave and mango in a vitamix and pound away as it becomes a smooth soft serve consistency.  Pour out in bowls and serve with the shaved lime.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment