A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Easiest Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Ever!

I have to thank my husband for this recipe...he's pretty modest about his culinary talents, but he's amazingly good at what he does.  Actually, he's the type of person that inspires a trainer to work out, or a chef to eat better (meaning me).  And he inspired me with his super quick chocolate gooey mess.  I saw him making this one day when (ironically) I had a chocolate craving the size of Montana, but I was rushing out the door with very little time to make anything.  As I sheepishly eyed his creation, he asked "wanna taste it?".  I devoured half of it...actually 3/4 if I were to be exact. Bliss.  And it hit the spot in the most perfect way.




I bring this to you with a little bit of my spin plunked into it.  I am a hazelnut/nutella hoarder and I had to spike it with some hazelnut extract. Honestly it's the easiest mousse ever, virtually fat free (or extremely low in fat if you have a larger banana), high in magnesium, soluble fiber, taste, and it HITS THE SPOT which is honestly the last thing I need to say about it.  Thank you Nate for this special treat.  A reminder to all of us that simple food is really good food. 

1 banana, about 5-7 inches, peeled and mashed in a bowl
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
pinch salt
raspberries, to garnish

Mix all the ingredients together and serve with raspberries.  I like mine kind of chunky so I half the banana in a bowl and add the ingredients. By the time everything is mixed, the banana is still a bit chunky. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is taking me down memory lane for 2 reasons! First, one of my detoxers came up with a VERY similar recipe last year and we all loved it and second, when I started blogging I had a blogspot blog just like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it :) Where is your blogspot? I'd love to visit!

      Delete