A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chocolate Buddha Bowl

Lots of people ask me what I have for dessert, and truthfully it always changes, but when I find something truly magnificent and easy I tend to stick with it for weeks.  Enter the banana berry chocolate buddha bowl.   It has an unusual mix, a hodge podge of good-for-you ingredients, and you get to drink "chocolate milk" at the end.  It's like those cocoa crispies cereal I used to eat as a kid (I know, right?) but better.

Use whatever is in season (this photo was taken when blueberries hit the stores, July), and work your magic. I also used mulberries from our backyard tree, and that was a completely beautiful experience (I grew up with them and think everyone should have a mulberry tree!) Peaches were good for august.  I'm adding apples in September.  You get the idea. It can morph to fit what nature provides each month.


Cacao paste is this new product I found which is literally divine (albeit expensive) but worth every penny. Plus it lasts you months and you only need a little at a time since it's so concentrated. 

The hemp offers superior protein for that little sugar spike you get from the banana, blueberries are full of superfood antioxidants, nuts give you heart healthy and omega-3 fats, and you're good to go.  I have to admit, I have this for breakfast sometimes.  Very naughty, but not really....

Eat, chew, breathe, and be good to your body. 

1 banana sliced
hand full blueberries or berries of your choice
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 tablespoon cacao paste, crumbled
1/4 cup mixed nuts (I used cashews, pecans and walnuts, but your choice)
pinch salt
1/3 cup water (yes, I know, but trust me its so delicious)
small drizzle of local honey

Combine ingredients together and enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment