A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My fave SUPER-food Cereal

This is MY breakfast of choice! So many people ask me what I eat and I have to say "keep it simple and delicious" and you're good to go. This recipe could NOT get any simpler.

Change up the seeds based on what you like and the fruit that's in season (I love berries, for their low-glycemic quality). 

The seeds keep you full and offer some heart and brain-healthy eats, and the berries and cinnamon are a really good choice for diabetics or those watching their sugar intake.  Since cinnamon keeps your blood sugars level (without the yoyo high/low dips), you'll be good all morning! 

One superfood you might not have heard of is the hefty and magnificent goldenberry...It's tart, sweet, delicious and if I could (which I sometimes do), I'd eat them like popcorn.  But that's about $6 gone in one fell swoop, so I just sprinkle it here and there whenever I can. Here is a reputable source of high quality goldenberries, but you can also find them in other parts.  


3/4 cup favorite berries (I used blueberries)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon goldenberries
almond milk, to taste
pinch cinnamon

Combine everything together and savor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment