A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Radish Flowers Anyone?

Radish flowers are a beautiful thing...something happened in the dirt this summer/spring (perhaps too much heat) and the radishes didn't grow very well.  A very very sad experience since I truly love radishes in every way and this spring I wanted to independently provide my own crop for our eating.  


Probably out of 5 square feet of land, I managed to find about 10 bulbous babies, and the rest were more fibrous inedible versions. I decided not to make it a complete washout, but rather eat the beautiful white and purple flowers that arose from the long stems of furry leaves....and they had the pungent spicy nature of the radishes themselves. Beautiful to look at, and no regret in my mind, the plant worked diligently to produce a good crop....she did work hard.  In the end, I ended up with a beautiful edible bouquet.  


Enjoy yours.  And if you don't get any radishes, pick yourself up by the boot strap, and eat the flowers.  They'll put a smile on your face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment