A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Soup (raw)

One of my favorite soups in the world used to be cream of tomato soup or cream of red pepper soup, except that I wans’t as big of a fan of the cream, additives, and stabilizers/faux ingredients found in packaged boxes of soup. I realized that what I loved the most was the deep dark rich flavor of tomatoes or peppers, and seeked to make my own version of the soup.  This comes as close as I can remember to that delicious rich flavor. 

In a Vitamix, blend together:
½ red pepper, chopped
1 cup cucumber, chopped
¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
1 tomato, halved
½ avocado
½ cup sun dried tomatoes (no oil or sulfites)
salt, to taste

When everything is smooth (or more chunky, per your taste), add in ½ cup of fresh basil and pulse to incorporate (but not blend completely in the soup). Garnish with more avocado and shredded basil and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment