A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My BFF salad...

I cannot tell a lie, I eat this almost every day, in some variation, and I'm completely hooked.  It's almost like I did without cucumbers for months and now I'm on a ravenous rampage, although I didn't know it.  They're cooling, light, sweet, crunchy, and you can top them with anything that's in season like these gorgeous garlic onion flowers (whole things are edible and although they taste spicy, there is no onion breath after, which is incredibly awesome in every way :) Also, I'm always into those types of recipes where you get to detox, and didn't even know it.  Cukes are very cleansing, water rich, light on your system, and oh so fresh for spring!


The dressing couldn't be easier, and if you're like me (when you get hungry, you get hungry!), this is a snap to make.


Here we go...


One cucumber, peeled, and sliced on a diagonal really thin
5 or so raw olives (I get mine from Sunfood)
About 10 small cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
1 tablespoon flax seeds oil (make sure it's fresh)
1-2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
pinch salt
1/2 avocado, sliced

garnish:  
a few pinches black sesame seeds
a few pinches bee pollen
a few garlic onion flowers with stems

Place the first 7 ingredients together and mix well in a large bowl.  Decorate with the sesame, bee pollen and onion flowers as garnishes, and enjoy.  You can always divide this in two and serve it over a bed of greens.  Delish.  Every day.  Sometimes twice.  I'm not ashamed...



No comments:

Post a Comment