A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happy Hormone Infusions

Raspberry leaf and Nettle Infusions
I've been dabbling in herbalism lately (love my Herbals class).  Raspberry and Nettle infusions have been my "thing" for a little while now and I just had to share them with you.  Nettle and Rasperry leaf are extremely healing and tonifying for the female reproductive system, and I use them to maintain balance in my hormones. So for those of you experiencing irregular period, or the fluctuations of PMS, cramps, mood, and even mild depression due to hormonal imbalances, be sure to make some of these infusions. Another good one is lemon balm (Melissa), although not pictured.

I make mine in pots and in the morning, I transfer them to ball jars and keep in the fridge. You can sweeten them if you like, but I really enjoy them as they are. 

4-5 cups boiling water
1 handful raspberry leaves or nettles (or you can even mix them) in dry form

Heat the water until boiling and add the herbs in.  Turn the heat off, cover, and let steep overnight.  Strain in the morning and drink throughout the day. This infusion will last about 3 days in the fridge.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dreea, this sounds like a great elixir! Where would I find these leaves and if I use the dried form would I reduce the amount of leaves in the above recipe? Thanks for sharing this! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete