A holistic approach to health, joy, and good food.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Protein-Rich Sprout Buddha Bowl


Buddha bowls to me are the perfect comfort food.  In essence, you take the things you love, put them together and admire them. And then you eat them.  How perfect is that?  You take a spoon and put some beauty in your belly.

I love that they can be dessert driven, or savory, grain based, bean based, or even just simply salad based - a little of everything.  

Here, this is a protein rich buddha bowl, and it's my usual lunch staple although the exact ingredients always change.  Whatever I have on hand, and whatever I feel like, I go with it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

1/2 cup Spicy chickpeas (recipe here)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seed & Raisin Quinoa Salad (recipe here)
Generous Handful of Sunflower sprouts
1/2 cup Shredded red cabbage, massaged with flax seed oil, raw apple cider vinegar and sea salt
1/3 avocado, cubed

Mix the cabbage with avocado until combined, but not mushy.  Then just layer the chickpeas, quinoa and sprouts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment